Monday, March 15, 2010

The New Mom's Survival Kit


I made this pocket card for my daughter who is expecting a baby any day now (March 28 is her due date). Inside the pocket is a tag that has a list of items that she might need after the baby is born. I thought that it would be cute to give her this card and the items that go with the card. This is what is on the tag:
The New Mom's Survival Kit
1. Hershey Hugs and Kisses--for you and baby both, because you both deserve them.
2. Clock--to remind you that time will pass by too quickly, enjoy every moment.
3. Mirror--to remind you that you are important, too.
4. Marbles--to replace the ones that you will lose.
5. Rubber Band--to remind you that flexibility is the key.
6. Life Savers--to save you from one of those days.
7. Tissue--to dry those tears, the baby's and yours.
8. Lollipop--to lick all your problems.
9. Eraser--to remind you that every mom makes mistakes.
10. Puzzle piece--because you are an important piece in your child's journey through life.
I have assembled these items and now I just need to make a gift bag to put them in. I plan on giving this to my daughter after the baby is born.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Love your list and what each item is for!

stampingandstitching said...

Such an adorable card Sue and I love your list for the survival kit and the meaning behind each item!

Heather Maria