Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cook Up A Card Recipe Challenge: May Recipe


This is the card that I created for the Cook Up A Card Recipe Challenge for May. It has taken me four days to finally decide how I was going to put this card together. There is no sketch to work with, all you have to do is to follow one rule: you must use three leaves, two flowers, and one bird. This is the recipe that must be followed. You can arrange your card any way that you like but it must contain the three elements that is mentioned. When The first thing that I did was to find a sketch so that I would have an idea how I wanted my card to look. The background paper came from Sassafras Monstrosity Wee bundle collection. To make the pocket, I cut it out from white cardstock and covered it heavily in China Blue distress ink. Then I sewed 1/4-inch on four sides of the pocket in orange thread. The paper for the flower was inked with Spiced Marmelade distress ink. Then I stamped it in versa mark ink and embossed with a navy blue embossing powder. I did the leaves the same way only used a teal color embossing powder. The Bird on the pocket was embossed in white embossing powder. I assembled the pocket and placed it on the card with pop dots. The stamps that I used are as follows: Big and Small Flowers CL374, Decorative Birds LP032, and Small Greetings LL662. (Stamps are Hero Arts.)

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Sounds like a fun challenge, Sue. I think you did a marvelous job with the requirements. I love this card.

Susie Little said...

Fabulous card, Thank you for playing along hope to see you again!xx

Nat said...

great design, love this!

SVIT said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing at Cook Up A Card! Good Luck!

Dwita said...

What a beautiful flowers you have here... Thanks for playing with Cook Up A Card, Sue..

Monika Reeck said...

Cute Birdie and great interpretation from the recipe Sue...lovely color combo too..FAB CARD...Thanks for playing with us at Cook Up A Card this month...hugs, Monika