Monday, August 30, 2010

Yellow Flowers

Hi Everyone!!

Just thought that I would post this quick card that I made. I used Stampin Up Bashful Blue cardstock for the base of this card. The card mat is American Crafts "amplified" and the stripes are dry embossed (The paper was already embossed when I purchased it.) Then I punched one edge with my scalloped punch. The flowers and leaves are colored with copic markers (Y15 Cadmium yellow, Y17 Golden Yellow, G24 Willow and G21 Lime Green--center of flowers are colored with E13 Light Suntan and E17 Reddish Brass.) I paper pieced the flower centers and after I assembled the card I applied Glossy Accents to the flower centers. The paper that I stamped the flowers on is Solar White Paper that I ordered from the Ellen Hutson Web Site. The Stamps used are Hero Arts: Artistic Borders CL322 and Big and Small flowers CL374. The leaves are from the Artistic Borders set.

Thanks for stopping by and I always look forward to comments. Have a great evening.

5 comments:

Tiffany Ervin said...

So fun and summery looking with your bright flowers! I love to see people still using summer colors..not quite yet the Fall season for me. :)

Nat said...

awesome design Sue, love the glossy accents added to your flowers. Such Summery details!

Barb said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one using summer images and colors! Just can't seem to get into Fall mode yet! This card is so bright and cheerful, Sue! I love the large flowers and pretty stripes! Nicely done!

stampingandstitching said...

Beautiful card Sue! The flowers are so pretty and I love the touches of glossy accents! The pp is gorgeous too!

Nancy said...

Hello, Sue! This card is so cheerful and fun. I love your color choices!