Monday, May 23, 2011

Flowers and Flourishes

Hello Everyone,

I made these two cards and the ATC over the weekend. I was inspired by Jill Foster and I have always admired her work. I used basically the same design as she did, but I used different stamps.

For this first card, I stamped the Garden Roses (Hero Arts K5056 [circa 2008]) with Memento Tuxedo Black by Tsukineko. Then I colored in the image with Copic markers. I destressed the bottom of the image with Walnut stain destressing ink and used China Blue for the sky area. I destressed the front of the card base with Peeled Paint and Crushed destressing ink using a blending too. I stamped over the green panel with the Flourish Background (Hero Arts CG119) with peeled paint. After the destressing and stamping was finished, I flicked small amounts of water over the inked portion and then let it dry. The sentiment is from the Everyday Sayings stamp set by Hero Arts (CL342). This card was also inspired by Jill foster and I used her same design, but with different stamps. I took a 5.5" x 8.5" piece of white cardstock for the card base. I pierced holes on the top portion of the card and destress the bottom portion of the card with peeled paint and then stamped the Antique Flower Background stamp (Hero Arts S5264) with Forest Moss Destress ink. For the flower panel, I stamped the solid flower flourish (Hero Arts LL228) with Memento Ink in Cantaloupe. (I used the thumping technique to achieve the black and red stripes.) After the image is inked in a light color, I taped a red marker and a black marker along the image and then stamped the image on the paper. The flower panel was destressed with spiced marmalade destressing ink. To make the image stand out on the page, I applied walnut stain ink along the edges of the panel.
For this ATC, I destressed the paper with Tumbled Glass destressing ink and then used Hero Arts Soft Pool Shadow Ink to stamp the Fabulous Flourish stamp onto the card (Hero Arts S5449). The Rose is from the Hero Arts Two Birds (CG152) stamp set and it was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The rose was colored with Copic markers. The word Love was stamped with Hero Arts Fancy Love stamp (A1295[circa 1997]) using clear ink and white embossing powder.


These three projects are entered in the Hero Arts Flickr group. To see how to enter, please click here. Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments.









4 comments:

Nancy said...

These are so pretty Sue. I love the different textures and patterns that you have created with these techniques! Just lovely!

Barb said...

Jill really is an inspiration to many of us and I love both your takes on her cards, Sue! That ATC is so beautiful too!

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful cards and ATC Sue!

Brenda said...

Stunning work Sue! I adore those Garden Roses and they are coloured in so beautifully! Love your second card and stunning ATC!