Sunday, April 7, 2013

Black and White Cards (My Favorite)

Wow!!  Once again I have taken forever to post cards.  Lately it seems that I am not very consistent in my posting.  It seems like things keep getting in the way of my posting; or I should say I have not been motivated in making cards.  But, I am trying to put that to an end.
 Yesterday, April 6, 2013, I decided to take part in the 90 minute challenge that was hosted on the Hero Arts Flickr group.  The theme was to make a all white card, or to use black, white, gray, and/or silver or any of these combinations.  I choose black and white.  Well, to make a long story short, I decided to make another black and white after the challenge was finished. 
 The card that I entered in the quickcard57 challenge is the second one on this post.  This first card is entered into the Hero Arts Flickr group current challenge.  I used the sketch provided for this particular card.  I love making black and white cards and I especially love to use flowers as my focal image.  I think that these type of cards are very elegant and I love the clean and simple.
 
Card for Hero Arts April challenge

 
Card entered in Quickcard57
Stamps used are Hero Arts:
 
Everyday Sayings CL342
Bold Blossoms CL450
Flower Corsage CG287
Truly Appreciated CL380
 



5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Sue
My it is good to see you up and creating once again, it does seem a long time....Both cards that you have made are just stunning. The Black and White palette has a penchant for relating drama, your first one has plenty of it. Your second is quieter, because you have fine lines of the Black and more purity emanating from your White. Both cards are lovely.
Smiles:)
Sue

Barb said...

Love both cards, Sue! Beautifully done! Hope you are doing well - sending hugs! :)

joy said...

Wonderful black and white cards, Sue! I love them both - so elegant!

Nat said...

sooo beautiful Sue, love both designs :)

Robin K. said...

Hi Sue! I hear you about the consistency in blogging- I haven't been keeping mine up as much as I'd like too:(. I really LOVE your cards- I'm sure I'll be CASEing that second one:).