Sunday, December 12, 2010

Dove of Peace

Hello Everyone,

I am not feeling well today so I will make this post short. I wanted to do something different, so I made my card into a pocket card that holds a bookmark. The Hero Arts Stamps that were used are: Holiday Sayings CL343, Celebrate the Season AR158, and Magical Background CG211. I made this card for the December2010A Hero Arts Flickr group challenge and I am also giving it to my friend. I used Jennifer McGuire's technique for her Pearl Snowflake card from the Holiday Thinking Inking class that she taught during week 7 over at two peas in a bucket. To see how she did this technique, please go here. I used green patina, forever violet, and pewter perfect pearls for my background colors. The shine from the perfect pearls does not show up very well on camera as well as it does in real life.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.

4 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Sue
I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling the best, I hope you recover soon.
Your card is lovely, the dove grabs your eye, the soft green you have chosen gives the card a quiet effect, so the whole card has a sense of peace.
I can imagine how the PP look, I have the same problem when trying to capture the shine.
Smiles;)

Barb said...

Sue, these green shades are just beautiful! And your dove. . . .GORGEOUS! Love this wonderful card, and so fun that it holds a matching bookmark! Love it! I sure hope you feel better soon! Take care!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Wow, Sue! that is one gorgeous card and matching tag! The dove is so elegant and really stands out, will have to go to the link and check out the details on the technique!

Anne said...

Sue this card and bookmark are just beautiful- I really love the pretty dove! So sorry you are not feeling well, I'm not 100% either so you are not alone. Take care and hope you are feeling better real soon :)