Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank you for your kindness

Hello Everyone,

The stamps that I used for this card are Hero Arts: Floral Brocade CG187 and the sentiment are from Feather Grass CL282. I have entered it in the Hero Arts December2010A challenge. I embossed the Floral Brocade stamp with versa mark ink and white embossing powder. Then I used bundled sage distress ink to color in the image with the inking tool and I used dried marigold distressed ink to color the flowers. I stamped this image and colored it three times before I was satisfied with how it turned out. But, I let the brocade panel sit on my desk for a night before I actually used it on this card. I almost tossed it in the trash. I am pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW! This is just beautiful, Sue! I love everything about it, and especially the colors! I have been a little too busy to do a lot of crafting and commenting, but I hope to get back in the swing soon!

Pam W Merwin said...

Glad you did not trash this. It is beautiful. Love your choice of colors!

Barb said...

Wow, Sue! This is absolutely gorgeous! I love these colors. . . .so soft and delicate! Beautiful card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

I cannot believe you were going to throw this Sue.
It is a super card I just love the design.
I never use these colours together, how you have combined them makes the card exquisite.
Smiles:)

Trinh said...

So glad you didn't trash this, Sue! Beautiful, striking combination of colors.