Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sympathy Cards

Hello Everyone,

My Church Family has had some very sad news this week. My Pastor’s wife father died yesterday from a very long battle with pneumonia. This person who died was loved very much by everyone. Our whole church is devastative by this news. I did not know what to do for the family that is suffering from this loss. I know that they are in deep pain and I thought that a card would give a little comfort. This first card is for Lora, (Pastor’s wife) and this second card is for Lora’s Mom.

Card for Lora
The stamp sets used for this card are: Garden Bouquet CG172, Flourish Background CG119, and Flower Bird Garden CG270. I used the kiss technique for the panel portion of the card. The flower bird Garden image was inked with westeria chalk ink and the Garden bouquet was inked with forest moss destress ink. The sentiment is computer generated.

Card for Lora's Mom
I used the Tall Flower Stamp set K5431 for this card. The flower was stamped with Lime Pastel chalk ink (color Box). I stamped the flower a second time and embossed the blossom with white embossing power and colored it with a lavender marker and then paper pieced the blossom. the blossom is attached with dementional adhesive. Pearls were added as a finishing touch.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Grammy Sue, those cards are lovely, they will enjoy them as much as they can at this time.
You did a wonderful job!!
Grammy Donna

Scrumplescrunch said...

It is sad news always when a person we love passes Sue, but you will know that life goes on, it does not stop for us to grieve or take a breadth. The thoughtfulness you have shown by making these wonderful cards for the family will be very much appreciated as it shows how much you care.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Sympathy cards are always the most difficult but this family will appreciate your kindness, Sue. Both cards are so beautiful! Sending big hugs to you!

Nancy said...

I am so sorry for your sad news, Sue. I know your lovely cards will be so greatly appreciated. Sympathy cards are difficult, but I think a little piece of handmade art is so welcomed at that time. Beautiful cards!

Leni said...

I think you succeed in bringing over your feelings of compassion with these cards.The colors are gorgeous.

Lin said...

Such sadness......both your cards are perfect for sympathy cards, gentle and soft.

Brenda said...

I am sure that both your cards were totally appreciated not only for their obvious beauty but also for the thoughtfulness and love that went into making each one! Warm hugs.