Sunday, February 6, 2011

Thinking of You and Valentine's

Hello Everyone,

I am finally able to get back to making cards again. Two weeks ago I caught a very nasty cold and it did not want to go away. I thought that I would be down for only a few days, but I was wrong. It tuned out that I was still trying to get rid of this cold all last week. So, that resulted in not getting any cards made. I started feeling better on Friday (2/4) and I made a set of 4 cards and one card using the “kissing” technique. It sure feels good to be feeling normal again and being back in the swing of making cards.

The stamps that I used for the set of cards are: Together LP141 and Envelope Pattern S5507. I wanted to keep the cards clean and simple and I hope that I succeeded in doing so. I used Color Box Fluid Chalk Ink “Warm Red” to stamp all of the images. I used Hero Hues White Dye Ink to stamp the envelope background on the mat. To finish off the cards I added ribbon and pearls. I love the clean, smooth look of the chalk ink.

For the thinking of you card I used the “kissing” technique for the center panel. To see how the kiss technique is done, please check here. I inked the Floating flowers Stamp CG124 with Ice Blue Chalk Ink by Color Box. I inked the swirl Frame stamp K5355 with Tangelo Ink by Memento and “kissed” this stamp to the Floating flowers stamp and then stamped the floating flowers stamp to the paper. Before I attempted this technique, I practiced it about 12 times with different color inks so that I could see what the results would look like. I wanted a hint of another color besides the blue and I thought that the orange color would be good. I like the combination of blue and orange and a hint of dark blue. When I first tried this technique I was not sure if I would like it or not. I guess it takes practice (for me anyway) for something to turn out nice. The inside of the card and the panels are stamped in Summer Sky by Memento using the Dots & Flowers Stamp S5213. The sentiment is sunny thinking C4072 (This stamp is part of a Hero Arts stamp set that was released in 2006; could not find it on Hero Arts Web site.) stamped with Paris Dusk ink by Memento.



The stamps that I used for this set of cards are: Together LP141 and Envelope Pattern S5507. I wanted to keep the cards clean and simple and I hope that I succeeded in doing so. I used Color Box Fluid Chalk Ink “Warm Red” to stamp all of the images. I used Hero Hues White Dye Ink to stamp the envelope background on the mat. To finish off the cards I added ribbon and pearls. I love the clean, smooth look of the chalk ink.
These cards will be entered in the Hero Arts Flickr group challenge (february2011A) and I plan on making more cards before the first half of the challenge ends. Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Sue, I thought of you the other day and knew it had been a long time since I'd seen one of your cards. I'm so glad you're feeling better now! Great to see a post from you! I love your first card! Beautiful kissing technique! The dots and flowers look so pretty and I love the special way it folds! What a pretty set of Valentine's cards too! The design is gorgeous and I love the different stamps used for the center panels! Glad you're back!

joy said...

Your cards turned out beautifully, Sue! So glad you are on the mend, I always love your cards.

Scrumplescrunch said...

I was beginning to wonder where you were Sue, I am glad you are all better now. Your Kissing Technique is far better than mine, but then I did not practise with different stamps and Inks, it certainly did not work with the stamps I used, or it may have been the ink. Anyway I digress Your card has worked very well. The Valentine cards are beautiful.
Smiles:)