Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Music and Flowers

Hello Everyone,

This is a short post today. I haven’t had very much time to do much this week, but I did manage to get two cards finished.
Birthday Garden
This card was very quick and simple and I enjoyed making this. I wanted a little change of pace, so I decided to pick a stamp that was easy to color. I colored these flowers with the following Copic markers: Pink, buttercup Yellow Y21, and Willow G24. I colored the ribbon to match the flowers with RV11 Pink. Stamps used are Hero Arts: Good thoughts CL443 and Sending Smiles CL490.
Happy Birthday Rose
I made this card for a friend. She plays the piano at the church where I attend and she is an outstanding pianist. I wanted to show her that she is appreciated and loved. I hope that she has a great birthday. I thought that roses and sheet music would go well together. The stamps that were used are: Hero Arts: Birthday Messages CL139, Two Birds (3 images) CG152, Flourish Background CG119, and Music Background CG222. The distress inks that I used are: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Tea Dye, and Aged Mahogany.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments.


5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Two Wonderful cards Sue, I am sure your friend is going to love her musical themed card for her birthday.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Sue, these are both so pretty! Love the wonderful colors on your first card and fabulous layering and mix of stamps on the second! Hope you're well. . .hugs!

joy said...

Hi, Sue! These cards are just lovely - I especially love the music/roses one. I am sure your friend will love it, too!

BTW, thank you for your sweet comments on my Fifi's Daughter blog. FYI, my card making blog is here:

www.morningglorycardstudio.blogspot.com

It is confusing; but I mostly do collage/swaps/altered books on the first one, and I wanted one to be devoted just to cards, etc.

Have a great day!

Nat said...

beautiful designs, love these cards you have created! have a great weekend!! :)

Robin K. said...

Both cards are pretty Sue! I especially love the second one! You're right - the roses and sheet music do look great together!