Monday, October 31, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays CFC26

This weeks challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a clean and simple card using the sketch that is pictured below.
This is my take on the sketch. I took the Dearly embossing folder (from the Dearly & Frost set Sizzix 657060) and inked up the non-raised portion of the folder with soft pool ink and ran it through my cuttlebug machine. Then I stamped the sentiment onto a tag with clear versa mark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. After the panel was assembled, I attached it to a 4.25" x 5.5" white card base. The sentiment comes from Stampin Up Merry & Type 122550.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments.
















9 comments:

Brenda said...

Don't you just love that faux letterpress with that Soft Pool ink! This is such a beautiful embossing folder! I love this card Sue!

Barb said...

What a pretty embossing folder, Sue! Love the way it looks with the faux letterpress technique! Beautiful card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Gorgeous colours Sue, this is a beautiful card.
Smiles:)

PiecesbyEmily said...

Hi Sue, it's a beautiful card...

Laura Davis said...

Very pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

F.T said...

Simply cute card.

print VIP cards
Printing on Plastic

Elizabeth Allan said...

Thank you for your visit Sue! I always enjoy your cards filled with fresh techniques. I love the fabulous style of this card and the pretty blue tones.

Dana said...

Breathtaking. So soft and lovely. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Laurie said...

Gorgeous soft colors! So very pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!