Thursday, October 27, 2011

Christmas Cards & Ornaments

These are the last of my cards for this months Hero Arts Challenge. I had these cards and ornaments finished for a few days and totally forgot to get these posted. This first card is an inspiration from Kristina Werner. To see her card, please go here. I stamped the sentiment (Happy Wishes CL255 [discontinued]) onto the card base with clear versa mark ink and then embossed with white embossing powder. Then I stamped the Music Background stamp CG222 with clear versa mark ink. I added a border and then some red ribbon and trees for the finishing touches. For this card I followed the second sketch in the challenge but changed it up a little. Stamps used are: Flourish Pine S5247, Holiday Sayings CL343 (sentiment), and Joy Snowman 657781.






For these last two projects I decided that I wanted to make a few Christmas Ornaments and this is what I came up with. This ornament has a front and back side. The back of the ornament has the sentiment "Wishing You a season filled with all special things" comes from Hero Arts Stamp Wish Messages C2877 (Circa 2003). To make the frame of the ornament I cut white cardstock with the Lacy Squares Nestabilities Die and then Cut a smaller square die to create the cutout center. I cut a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch square and stamped the Ornament in clear versa mark ink and embossed it with silver embossing powder. then I mased the ornament and distressed the paper with thumbled glass distress ink and then stamped the flourish background CG119 over the masked image. Then I colored the ornament with sky blue memento marker and went over the colored image and the flourish with Sakura star dust pen. The back of the ornament was done the same way as the front. The frame sits on top of the image with dimensional adhesive and front & back are adhered together.

This Ornament is done the same way as the ornament above; only thing different is I used different stamps and a different die. The penguin is from Hero Arts; cap and scarf penguin D5081. The stamped used on the die is Four Leaf Grid S5141. The red circle around the penguin was colored with Rhubarb Stalk memento marker and then I went over it with a clear Sakura star dust pen to give it some sparkle. The front and back of this ornament are the same.


It was fun making these cards and ornaments. The ornaments will be given away to one lucky person who attends my card class that I am teaching tonight.


Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a wonderful evening.







4 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Lovely cards and I especially love your ornaments Sue. Have a good weekend.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Pretty cards, Sue! Love that gorgeous green on the background of the second one! Beautiful work!

Brenda said...

I hope you had a great card class tonight Sue! Love the design of that first XMas card Sue! Awesome! And those ornaments are so beautiful! Fantastic idea!

Michelle Lupton said...

The way you've done the background on that second card is just gorgeous!