Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mojo Monday Challenge Week 122


This is the card that I made for the Mojo Monday challenge for week 122. The stamps that I used are as follows: Design block Butterfly S5041, Leaf Branch Border H5229, Old letter writing S4878, Dots & flowers S5213, and Clear Design Small Variety Alphabet CL137.
In order to get all the elements to fit on the card, I had to cut the card base to 4 1/4" x 6".
I stamped the Dots and Flowers stamp onto a creme colored paper (3" x 5 1/2"). I destressed the edges and mounted it on a 3 1/4" x 4 2/4" piece of green bazzil paper. The panel with the ribbon was actually stamped four time. The first layer of stamping was done with the Design Block Butterfly in clear embossing ink. When the clear embossing ink was dry, I lightly rubbed antiqued linen destress ink over the image. Then I stamped the leaf branch border stamp in an antique olive ink that was first stamped off on scratch paper. Then I destressed the panel with dusty rose destress ink. The last step that I did was stamp over the entire image with a very light rose chalk ink with the old letter writing stamp. For the heart, I destressed it with dusty rose destress ink and then embossed it with the dot embossing folder by cuttlebug. Then I placed a smaller heart inside the larger heart and assembled it.

2 comments:

Jill said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love the distressing and all of your pretty stamped backgrounds!

Laural-Lee said...

Great take on both sketches. I especially like the hearts in your mojo card. Breathtaking and original.