Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Card for A Hero

Hello Everyone

I made this card last evening for the current hero arts challenge and also to include it with my cards (for “any Hero” along with a note of encouragement) that I will be mailing today to the Operation Write Home organization.

I stamped the apples in black Memento ink onto a 3 x 3-inch piece of confetti cardstock Stampin Up (I stamped one apple and then masked it so that it looked like one apple was in back.) Then I made a mask to cover both apples so that I could distress and stamp the background. The background was masked so that I could distress the apples with barn door, dried marigold and wild honey distress inks. The image was placed on a 3 ¼ x 3 ¼-inch piece of night of navy cardstock and then placed on top of a 1 ½ x 5 ½ piece of Really Rust Cardstock (cardstock by Stampin Up!) I cut a 4 ¼ x 5 ½-inch piece of plaid pattern paper to cover the front of the card base. I added ribbon to the long panel and then put it all together.

Any Hero Card
This was a fun card to make and I enjoyed every minute making this card and was lost in my work and the time slipped by very quickly. When I was finished creating, there was a big mess on my desk. But, I guess that is the fun part about creating.

My inspiration came from this picture of a piece of fabric that I saw at Wal Mart. It is not the best picture that I have ever taken, but I wanted to focus on the apples as my main inspiration.

Inspiration
The stamps that I used are Hero Arts:

Design Block Tree S5037
Grid Pattern S5216
Engraved Fruit CL433




4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS job you did! This card really showed how much you enjoyed the process as the apples are so life-like! The shading of the background is lovely! Thanks for sharing your inspiration photo!

Barb said...

Wow, Sue! What a wonderful card! I love the colors you chose! Fabulous job on the masking!

stampingandstitching said...

Sue I loved seeing what inspired you. Your card is beautiful! I love the colours and design. You did such a wonderful job on masking and distressing - your apples look fab!

Kathy said...

I love the colors too and your masking is perfection :)