Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gift Bag for A Gift

Hello Everyone!!

Here is a gift bag that I made to put my friend’s birthday gift in. I also made and attached a small gift tag. Inside the bag is a set of cards that I made a few weeks ago. I also included a birthday card that I made last week. I have entered this gift bag in the September challenge over at hero arts. Everything for her gift is sewing related because she loves to sew.


I took a 9 x 12-inch white envelope and scored 1½-inches on two of the long sides and scored 1½-inches on the bottom. I cut ¾-inch off from the top part of the envelope to create the opening. I distressed the front and back of the envelope in Antique Linen, Scattered Straw, and Spun Sugar distress inks. Then I randomly stamped spools of thread and buttons all over the envelope with Rusty Hinges distress ink. I stamped extra buttons on yellow textured cardstock and attached them to the stamped buttons on the gift bag. I did the same with the gift tag, but used a pin cushion in place of the buttons.

The stamps used are Hero Arts
Sew Artsy CL446
Sew Original 2x3 CL397
Thanks for dropping by and I always appreciate the comments. Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Pretty gift bag, Sue! I love how soft the colors look! Your matching tag and gingham ribbon are just perfect!