Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cards That Inspire

Hello Everyone,

It is hard to believe that this month’s challenge is just about over; time has gone by very fast for me. Here are a few cards that I made this week while I have been sick with another very nasty cold. I am entering these cards in the Hero Arts Flickr Group january2011B challenge.

My first card was an inspiration from the “Friends are Special Treasures” card on page 34 of the 2011 Hero Arts catalog. I stamped the card base with the Blossom Art stamp CL495 and then I made individual mask and covered the leaves with the mask and stamped over them with the old letter writing stamp S5105. The negative images of the leaves were placed around the leaves and then I distressed the leaves with bundled sage and shabby shutters. The sentiment was stamped with the Friends Stamp set CL351. I cute a strip of paper (3/4” x 5 ½”) and added distress ink, scattered straw and also added lace and green gems. I am going to send this to a friend who recently had surgery.

This second card was an inspiration from the Flower Text Stamp (S5506) on page 66 of the 2011 catalog. The flowers come from the stamp set Stamp A Garden CL379. I stamped the flowers and then masked the leaves and the flowers and then stamped over them with the Diagonal Dictionary Type stamp S5497. Then I colored the flowers and highlighted a small part of the background image.

The last card was an inspiration from the Happy Birthday Card (with the cakes) on page 27 of the Hero Arts 2011 catalog. The background was stamped with the magical background stamp CG211 in So Saffron ink by Stampin Up. The cupcakes and candles come from the Clear Design Cupcakes CL158. The sentiment comes from the Essential Massages stamp set CL371. The images were colored with Copic markers.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.



5 comments:

Lin said...

Well done, Sue - your cold doesn't seem to have affected your creativity at all! All 3 of your cards are really special. Hope you get to feeling back to normal very soon!

Nancy said...

Hi Sue...I'm so sorry to hear that you are under the weather, hope it passes real soon! In the meantime it's clear your creativity hasn't been affected one bit! These cards are just wonderful, each one has so many great techniques and fabulous details. I especially like the one inspired by the Flower Text stamp, what a clever CASE!
Feel better soon, sending blessings to you!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Well Sue what can I say, the cards; all three are so lovely, My favourite is the first one I have to say, I really like the way you have done the border.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

Love all three, Sue! Beautifully done! I sure hope you feel better soon!

joy said...

Gorgeous cards, Sue! Hope that cold is on its way out; just like January!!