Friday, April 15, 2011

Find Joy Every Day

Hello Everyone, This card is based on Shari Carrolls sketch #4. I distressed the music background with antique linen distress ink and stamped the music background with tea dye ink. The Garden Bouquet was stamped with more mustard ink by Stampin Up and I used the thumping technique with the Lady Bug Memento marker. You ink up the image with a light color ink and use a darker color marker to thumb the ink onto the stamp. Then you huff on the stamp to put moisture back to the ink and stamp your image on the paper. This was a fun technique to do and I like the results. Thanks for stopping buy and I appreciate the comments.


Supplies used:

Hero Arts stamps:

Garden Bouquet CG172

Music Background CG222

Grid pattern S5216


Inks used:

Tea Dye Distress ink --Ranger

More Mustard--Stampin Up

Antique Linen Distress ink


Memento (Tsukineko) marker--Lady Bug PM-300


Quickutz nesting circle die (3 1/4") CC-SHAPE-14-024


Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

That is so beautiful Sue. The Garden Bouquet and Music Background just go so well together! I also love the colours you used!

susanne said...

This is a beautiful card for Spring! I love the combination of stamps!

joy said...

Such a gorgeous card - love the design and the colors you have used. I've lost my mojo - haven't made cards in a week :(