Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thinking of You Cards

Hello Everyone, I wanted to post these cards yesterday, but couldn't because the internet was down for almost 24 hours. I made these Thinking of You cards for a few friends who have been ill. Hero Arts Stamps: Creative Trees LL230 and Designer Woodgrain S5208. The sentiment is by C.C. Designs. I used tan and green cardstock for this card and kept it masculine and simple. I am sending this card to a friend who has had a mini stroke. Hope that it makes him feel better.
For this card I used the same stamps as the first card (above) but used light and dark green cardstock with some white. Hero Arts Stamps: Hello CG112. The flowers are from the following Hero Arts stamp sets: Find Joy CL497, Cuckoo CL388, and Mix & Match CL266. The sentiment is from a C.C. Design stamp set. I substituted the Hello sentiment with Thinking of you by masking off the "hello" on the stamp. I substituted the flowers with other HA flowers from other HA stamp sets. Then I paperpieced everything. I made this card for my friend that had knee replacement surgery a few days ago. I hope that she likes it. Thanks for stopping buy and I appreciate the comments.

2 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Love the Woodgrain effect on the first card Sue.
Your friend I am sure will love her card you have made her, (very painful knee surgery)
Smiles:)

Brenda said...

Very lucky friends Sue! I adore your masculine cards, it's such a fab design! And I think your second card is so pretty in those soft colours!