Monday, April 11, 2011

Some New Cards

Hello Everyone! Wow! It has been over two weeks since I have made and posted any cards. Time sure goes by fast when we are having fun, enjoying life, and spending time with family. I spent the week of March 27, 2011 visiting my 2 daughters and their families in Ohio. It was so good to spend time with my children and grandchildren and just enjoying each other and catching up on what is happening. It was also great to help my two grandsons celebrate their birthdays; my oldest grandson turned 7 and my youngest grandson turned 1. Here are a few cards that I made this past weekend. I am entering these cards into the Hero Arts Flickr Group Challenge. My mojo left me last week and I am trying to get it back; I am sure that it will return soon. It is always hard for me to get back in the swing of making cards when I have been away for awhile. It seems that when I return from a vacation or a long week end, I always have things that take me away from making my cards.
Happy Father’s Day


I wanted to keep this masculine Father's Day card simple and I think that I succeeded. This card is for my son-in-law. The stamps used are Hero Arts: Fathers Day Script C4968 circa 2008 and Decorative Bamboo K4900. The ink that I used is by Stampin Up: Sahara Sand for the image and chocolate brown for the sentiment. The ribbon is by "The Ribbon Boutique" for Hobby Lobby.


Meadow of Flowers



Stamps used are Hero Arts: Blooming Meadow CG171, Thinking of You CL140. Ink used is Memento by Tsukineko: Ruby Red and Tangelo. For this card, I used the first sketch for the Hero Arts challenge this month.


Sending Smiles



Stamps used are Hero Arts: Magical Background CG211, Layered Flowers CL496, and Sending Smiles CL490. I used the third sketch for the Hero Arts Challenge.


NOTE: See challenge sketches here.


Thank you for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and God bless.






4 comments:

Barb said...

Welcome back, Sue! I'm in the same boat with little or no mojo lately. So busy this time of year, that making a card becomes sort of a challenge. I think your mojo, on the other hand, is doing just fine! These cards are all wonderful! Happy spring to you, my friend! :)

Nat said...

beautiful cards Sue!! this fathers day design is a perfect manly card, looks like you are on a roll!! :)

joy said...

Welcome back, Sue! Glad you had fun with your family - that's the best kind of fun, isn't it?

Your cards are great - I like the second one so much!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous Sue! I love your pretty colours in your Sending Smiles card! I really like the design of your first card with the three panels! Love the colour combo in the second card! Family is so important, really glad you had some quality time with them!