Thursday, September 29, 2011

September2011B

I have had these 4 projects finished for about a week and I almost forgot to post them. I usually only make cards, but once in awhile I will do an occassional scrapbook layout. In this case, I did an 8 x8 page of my grandson Michael. He was 18 months in these pictures (He is now 7 years old; my how time flies by.) I used a few of the techniques from Inspiration Showcase Card Class. On the upper left hand corner, I embossed the paper with an embossing folder (used glossy paper) and then used Latte Chalk ink over the embossed area. The butterfly was stamped with Hero Arts Moments Background (E3019) stamp and I used Tea Dye distress ink. For the panel on the center right, I used the Hero Arts Fall Memories (E3375) stamp and stamped with white embossing ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Then I distressed the panel with distress ink (can't remember the colors). For the bottom left hand panel, I stamped a piece of layering paper with the Happy Definition Stamp (CG269) with scattered straw distress ink and then heat set it. Then I stamped the Maple leaf (CG228) with Poppy Chalk ink and used perfect pearls over the leaf. It was fun making this layout and I came to the conclusion that I need to put together more scrapbook pages of my grandchildren.
For this first card, I stamped the leaves (HA Real Leaves CL457) onto water color paper and used distress ink. After I stamped the leaves, I lightly sprayed each leaf with water so that the color would run a bit. Then I heated the paper with a heat gun. This technique is called "Wicking". To see how this technique is done, please go here to see a video.



For this second card, I stamped the trees (HA Whimsical House CL484) onto pattern paper and paper pieced the trees and added a sentiment.

For this last card I stamped my trees (Whimisical House CL484) onto white cardstock and colored them with copic markers. After I finished coloring, I took the colorless blending pen and put dots onto the tree to give it dimension. The sentiment is from the HA Friends stamp set CL351.

I am entering these projects to the Hero Arts September2011B challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Hope that everyone has a great day.















3 comments:

joy said...

You've been a busy gal! I love the cards and the layout - I rarely do a scrapbook page. Maybe someday!

Brenda said...

Hi Sue! I love that Lay Out! It looks amazing with those stamped pieces in between the photos! Your cards are perfect for fall! Love how you got creative with the trees! Take care and warm hugs!

Barb said...

Wow! Wonderful, Sue! I love your layout! So cute and your cards are all beautiful! You've used some really lovely colors in each one! Hope you're doing well! Hugs! :)