Wednesday, September 14, 2011

These cards are for

three different challenges. My owl card, below, is for the CAS-ual Friday challenge (CFC #19). this week's challenge is to make a card that is paper pieced. I choose three owls from the "Owl Together Now" stamp set from Stampin Up! The paper that I used were scraps that were left over from other projects. I made this next card for the Hero Arts challenge. For more details on their challenge, please go here. The stamps are Hero Arts: Thoughtful Messages CL184, Tall Pumpkin G5269, and Traditional Pumpkin F5270. The pumpkins were colored with Prisma color pencils and I lightly blended some antique linen distress ink around the pumpkins using a blending tool.


This last card is an inspiration from Jennifer McGuire. I am currently taking the Inspiration Showcase card class that she is teaching on-line. The technique that I used for this card is called Paint Resist. I inked up the flowing flowers stamp with a pearl paint dabber and then let the paint dry before going onto the next step. After the paint was completely dried, I inked up a blending too with Tatered Rose Distress ink and inked around the outside edges. Next I applied Antique Linen to the center of the image. Then I buffed the image with a damp cloth to remove the resisted ink.

Stamps used: Flowing Flowers CG146 (hero arts). The sentiment comes from C.C. Designs (Amy R stamps) stamp set "Get well Sentiments".


Thanks for dropping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a wonderful day!





5 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

I love all three cards Sue, but my favourite today is the paint resist, I just love your delicate almost fragile look to the background.
A balanced mixture of both warm and cool colours,
blend beautifully with the accent of white.
Smiles:)

Barb said...

I love them all too, Sue! The softness of the last one is beautiful! Good luck on the challenges!

I also wanted to thank you so much for the get well card! So sweet of you. . . and I love it! Sending hugs! :)

Brenda said...

These are so beautiful Sue! I love the pumpkins and the colors you achieved on them! My favorite has to be your last resist card, totally awesome! You're so lucky to be taking that class, she is so talented!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Your coloring with pencils is amazing! All 3 cards are terrific.

susanne said...

I love them both! Your cards are so beautiful Sue!