Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Penny Black Blog Challenge

for this week is to make a card using the colors purple, Green, and cream.

I usually have a difficult time deciding how I want my cards to look and sometimes I go to my pagemap sketches to get an idea for my layout. (A lot of times I just can not visualize how my design will look.) Going to these sketches help me a lot; guess that I should use these sketches more often.

The stamp that I chose was perfect for this sketch. Most of the time when I begin a stamping project, I usually will stamp and color my image and then pick the paper and design. I do love it when I can make a card in under an hour. I guess if I used card sketches more often, it would not take me so long to make a card.
I spotlighted the 4th flower, but it is hard to see on camera. The image was colored with Prisma color pencils. I used yellow gems for the flower centers. The card sketch that I used came from here. The stamp set is Penny Black: Flowers & Wishes (30-047).


Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a wonderful week end.

5 comments:

joy said...

You did a great job with the challenge colors, Sue! I think the "highlight" is an unexpected touch which gives the card more punch. Wish I had more PB stamps to join in with their challenges.

Melinda Gleissner said...

Wonderful card Sue! The flower centers add a nice touch. Love the design!

Scrumplescrunch said...

If we made things easy for ourselves Sue, life would be boring and we probably would not learn very much in our craft, you have made a wonderful card here, I like how you have placed the ribbon too.
Smiles:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sue your band of colorful flowers across the front of the card is divine. This is a very happy hello!

Anne said...

Sue- love the card you made for this color challenge- the highlight is really fabulous!