Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Flowers Say Hello


Another card for the Hero Arts Challenge. It took me two tries to get this card the way that I wanted it to look. I have had this stamp for awhile (only used it once) and decided that I could paperpiece the flowers. Before I finished the card, I messed up and had to start all over again. I stamped the Dogwood stamp in sage shadow ink (stampin up) onto a 4 x 5 1/4-inch piece of a sage green paper. Then I stamped the flowers on a medium color pink paper with Memories Dye Ink -- Ruby. After stamping the pink flowers, I cut them out so that I could paperpiece the flowers to the green stamped image. I made a mask and covered the flowers and then stamped the Grid Pattern stamp over the flowers. Then I cut a piece of white vellum (4 x 5 1/4-inch) and stamped the sentament on the left hand bottom corner in the Ruby ink. After I finished that, I stitched the vellum to the flower image and then attached the brads and attached it to the base card. The grid pattern was stamped with Mellow Moss Ink (Stampin Up).
Stamps used are Hero Arts
Flowers Say Hello C2553
Dogwood S5362
Grid Pattern S5216
Thanks for dropping by and for looking.

2 comments:

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful, love the effect the vellum gives the flowers, so soft and dreamy.

Virginia L. said...

You did a beautful job, Sue! I love the choice of stamps and colors! Gorgeous! Thank you for the kind words and prayers for me and family! What a blessing to know you! xo