Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Time Butterflies


This is the second card that I have made for the June challenge at Hero Arts. I attempted to do the color layering technique for this card, but did not have any shadow inks so I tried to choose the lightest and darkest color inks that I have available. This card started out as an experiment because I wanted to see which inks that I had on hand worked the best. I love butterflies and during the summer butterflies are always among the flowers and the grass.

The stamps that I used are Hero Arts: Woodland grasses F3182 and Antique Engraving CL383. The butterflies are from the Antique Engraving set. Thanks for dropping by.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Shadow Inks or not, Sue, this turned out beautifully! I love the pretty colors and gorgeous butterflies! Great job on this fun technique! :)

Nancy said...

I think your card is so beautiful, Sue. I love the soft feel.

Virginia L. said...

Love your design! That bow tie in with the composition! Sorry for not being able to comment much! xo

Nat said...

love how you added the bow, these colours are wonderful. Beautiful card!!