Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thinking of You Cards

I haven't made any cards in almost a week. This past weekend my husband and I took a trip to the Atlanta, GA area and I went shopping at two different Archiver's stores. While I went to Archiver's, my husband spent some time at Barnes and Nobel. We arrived on Friday afternoon and after lunch I took about an hour and purchased the stamps that I wanted. On Saturday, I went to the second Archivers and took about another hour shopping for stamps.

The card below was stamped with Hero Arts Clear Design Flower Blossom set (CL223) and Clear Design Thinking of you (CL140). This stamp set is one of the things that I bought on Friday when I was at Archiver's. I stamped the flowers versa Mark ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Then I colored the flowers and the leaves with markers. I can not seem to get away from the resist embossing technique. I find that the resist embossing is my favorite technique. The last thing that I did to this card was to apply broken china destress ink and shabby shutters destress ink. This next card was stamped with Clear Design Water Color Petals (CL431) and Clear Design thinking of you (CL140). This card was an inspiration from the card that Sally Traidman featured on the Hero Arts Blog today (6/29/2010). I did my card a little different, but I did use the same flower stamp. To create the background, take a small acrylic block and ink it with any color distress ink and lightly mist it with water. This process is repeated with various color inks until the paper is completely covered. After the background has dried, stamp your image over the background that was created.


2 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hallo Sue love the card number 2 ...using the technique from Hero Arts...lovely color combo and so soft..great layering too...hugs, Monika maybe you want to guess this Images from Daisy Doodles and win digital images dear...just klick to this links :http://daisydoodlescreativechallenges.blogspot.com/2010/06/win-me.html

Nat said...

oh wow Sue!! These are so so awesome and beautiful!! I love seeing the stamps your picked on your trip to Archivers. Glad you had fun!! :) Can't wait to see more creations.