Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cards for My Class

Hello Everyone,

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. It has been over three weeks since I posted any cards and I have missed this craft. We were out of town for Christmas visiting our children and grandchildren and when I returned home I had a million and one things to do and could not do any crafting for a few weeks. I finally was able to spend some time this week end working on a few cards for a class that I am going to teach this month. I kept the cards simple (doing simple cards is very difficult for me) because the class that I will be teaching is a basic stamping class. The ladies that will be making these cards have never stamped before. But, I am positive that they will enjoy this craft and that their cards will turn out wonderful. I am also submitting these cards to the Hero Arts Flickr monthly challenge.


Two Hearts


The heart card on page 10 of the Hero Arts 2011 catalog was my inspiration for this card and I also thought that this would be easy for a beginning stamper. This could be an anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or even a wedding card. The stamps that were used are Hero Arts Swirl Frame K5355 (stamped on the hearts) and the Love stamp comes from the Mix and Match stamp set CL266.

Birthday Butterfly (outside of Card)


Birthday Butterfly (Inside of card)



There is not much stamping to this card; the only stamping is the sentiment on the outside and the poem and border on the inside. The stamps that were used are Hero Arts. The sentiment (on the outside) comes from Birthday Sayings CL340 and the greeting on the inside comes from Special Birthday F456 and the border on the bottom of the inside portion of the card comes from Artistic Borders CL322. The pattern paper and the butterfly come from “Garden Party Stack” by DCWV.

Thank You Flowers

The ‘hand made with love” flower card on page 6 of the 2011 Hero Arts catalog was my inspiration for this card. I wanted the flowers to appear that they were leaning to the left and right, so I curved the stem slightly and placed it on the block in that position. The stamps for this card are: Hero Arts Blossom Art CL495 and Big and Small Flowers CL374. The “Thank You” sentiment comes from Hero Arts thank You note C3397.

This is the first time for me to teach a card class and I am a little nervous about it. I don't know what to expect and I am afraid that I might forget something or that I won't be able to answer any question that someone might have. But, at the same time I want to have fun and I also want the ladies that will be learning how to make these cards to enjoy themselves.


Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and God bless.


9 comments:

Scrumplescrunch said...

Welcome back Sue! I have missed you.
Your cards are perfect for any beginner, not only are they quite simple, they are very pretty, your ladies are going to really enjoy the class, and you will have many compliments I am sure. You are a wonderful card maker don't ever have doubts about that.
Enjoy the day and Good luck!
Smiles:)

Pam W Merwin said...

These are beautiful cards. I love the buttons on the Thank You cards. And the stamping of the background on the birthday card is gorgeous!

judkajudi said...

Sue, welcome back! I know I miss stamping when I am away too long. Glad you had a good visit with family. We got snowed in and couldn't make it to Atlanta to meet up with all the kids! Good luck with the class! They will love it and they will love these cards.

Brenda said...

So glad you are back Sue! I really love the cards you made, especially the first Love card and the Happy Birthday card. I can understand your nervousness but you have so much to share that I know you will be just fine! Just enjoy this moment of sharing! Can't wait to hear how it went!

Barb said...

Love each and every one of these, Sue! So glad to see a post from you! You've been missed! I love the flower one the most! Those fabric buttons/brads look so cute!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful take on the challenge, Sue! So glad to see your post again!

Dawn T said...

Lovely cards Sue, and just right for beginners.... it will get them hooked for sure. Love the way you will be teaching them, inside is okay to stamp as well.

Nat said...

beautiful cards Sue, I was nervous teaching my first class too. you will be great! Just think of it as a bunch of ladies getting together to have fun. I think the tough part for me is the time as it is easy to get side tracked and also everyone works at a different pace. congrats to you on teaching your first class :)

Nancy said...

I'm glad you are back too, and with such wonderful cards! They are all so unique and stunning, Sue! I am sure you have a lot to offer your students, and they surely will have a great time.