Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sunflowers Masked with Glossy Accents

Hello Everyone,

I thought that I would share a fun card that I made last evening. This card was an inspiration from a card that Jennifer McGuire did sometime last fall. To see the video, please check here.

I stamped the Three Sunflowers stamp S5420 onto white cardstock with walnut stain ink. I let the ink dry and then I applied glossy accents to the sunflower. The card sat overnight so that the glossy accents could dry. Once the card was dried, I applied distress inks to the card. The glossy accents acts as a mask, in this case the mask is permanent. After the ink was applied, I stamped the Diagonal dictionary type stamp S5497 with Tea dyed distress ink and then I stamped the Bold Flourish S5146. For the finishing touches I matted the main image to a white piece of paper and distressed the edges and then applied walnut stain ink.

The distress inks that were used are: Broken China, Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Spun Sugar, and Spiced Marmalade.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.

5 comments:

judkajudi said...

Sue, this is beautiful! I have that stamp and haven't done it justice. Thanks for the inspiration.

Barb said...

Oh my gosh, Sue. . .this turned out beautifully! I love this fun masking technique and so glad you reminded me of it! Love the colors and your gorgeous shading!

Brenda said...

Such a totally beautiful card Sue! I love the masking with the glossy accents, superb! And I love the mix of stamps and beautiful colours! This is a stunner!

Nancy said...

Wow Sue, beautiful colors. Such a lovely design!

joy said...

Had to hop over here from Flikr and tell you again how much I love this card. Just fabulous the way you have masked the flowers and added the other elements.