Thursday, January 13, 2011

Music and Flowers

Hello Everyone,

Here are a few cards that I made for the Hero Arts Flickr group challenge. I have not had much time to craft (again) even though I have been home bound due to the snow that we got on Monday. It seems like other things around the house had to get done before I could begin any crafting projects.

For this first card, “you’re in my thoughts”, I used Hero Arts Be Happy stamp set CL377, Friends CL351, and the large plaid pattern S5447. I stamped the flower with Memento tuxedo black dye ink and colored the flower with Copic markers (YR65 Atoll, Y17 Golden Yellow, G24 Willow, G09 Veronese Green and E29 Burnt Umber. I also applied glossy accents to the flower. The inside of this card was stamped with the friends stamp set CL351 and Hero Arts Rectangle Stitched-Edge Background stamp E3479.


Inside of Daisy card

For this last card, “Music gives you wings”, I stamped the Music Background stamp CG222 in antique linen distress ink and then stamped the butterflies (Antique Engraving CL383) and the speckled ornaments (CL401) with brushed Corduroy distress ink. The music clef was stamped with black distress ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. The inside of this card was stamped with the antique background stamp CG120. The sentiment inside was printed on vellum paper using the Chelsea font in black ink.




Inside of Music clef card


Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Take care and have a great day.



4 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful stamping, Sue! Really creative messages and stamping inside the cards too!
sending warm thoughts to you...
blessings!

Dawn T said...

What beautiful cards Sue. The first one is so bright and happy and I just adore the second one. Love idea of stamping on vellum for the inside of the second one.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Two exquisite cards Sue.
You will get organised soon, it is always the same after the Christmas holiday.
Smiles:)

Virginia L. said...

VERY creative, Sue! LOVE how you used the new stamps! The orange flower is beautiful and the music note card is lovely!