Saturday, July 3, 2010

Exotic Bloom

This Exotic Bloom stamp (H5424 -- Hero Arts) is one of the stamps that I bought at Archiver's last weekend. We were in Marietta, GA which is 3 hours south from where we live. The background stamp is the Flourish Background CG119.

Card Directions:
I took a pink bazil piece of cardstock and cut it down to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches. Then I took a piece of Hero Arts Snow layering paper and cut it to 4 x 5 1/4 inches. I stamped the Flourish background stamp CG119 in a plumb color ink and inked around the edges of the paper. For the bloom, I stamped it in versa mark clear ink with white embossing powder and heat set it. But, before I stamped the bloom, I destressed the paper with Tim Holtz destressing inks in the following colors: Shabby shutters, Broken China, Dusty Concord, and Victorian Velvet. The last thing that I did was to assemble the card and add a few gems to the flower. The gems were colored with a plumb color alcohol ink by ranger.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

So pretty, Sue. I love your background. It showcases this stamp so nicely and looks just like a dewy moring in a meadow.