Sunday, November 14, 2010

Birthday Card for my Daughter

Hello Everyone,

I made this birthday card for my Daughter, Michelle. I tried to get the colors for the side panel to match the flower center panel and I wanted the butterflies to compliment the flower. The colors are not an exact match, but I am still happy with how it turned out. I am entering this card into Hero Arts Flickr group challange for this month. Check here for contest information.

The flower was stamped on acrylic canvas with clear embossing ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I added a couple different shades of red and a yellow alcohol ink until the canvas was completely covered. (This image was stamped a few weeks ago and because of that, I don't remember the exact colors that were used.) When the ink was dry, I lightly went over the flower with a sanding block so that the flower would stand out more.

I stamped the side panel using the old letter writing stamp (S4878) with van dyke brown ink. Then I stamped the butterflies in clear ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. The side panel was distressed with worn lipstick and scattered straw. These two techniques that I used are techniques that I learned from the Holiday Thinking Inking class that Jennifer McGuire is currently teaching over at Two Peas in a Bucket. To finish off the card I added white ribbon and black pearls in the center of the flower.

The stamps that were used are Hero Arts: Designer Butterflies CL115, Three Flowers CG128, Old Letter Writing S4878, and the sentiment comes from the Birthday Messages CL139 stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a great day and God bless.



5 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Sue! I love this card! I really like all the different patterns and textures you used!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful!! Love the vellum and details in this! Gorgeous colors ,too! Your DD will trasure it!

Virginia L. said...

Oh... and I love the new look of your blog!

Barb said...

Beautiful card, Sue! Love these warm colors, wonderful texture, gorgeous flower and butterflies along the side! Great design!

Kathy (krolski) said...

This is beautiful Sue! I love the colors! I'm sure your daughter will love it!