Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Magic of Christmas


Hello Everyone,

I bought several bottles of alcohol inks about a year ago, but have not used them. So, this was a good opportunity to take them out. I enjoyed playing with these inks and will have to get them out more often. I love how the colors blended together on this card. The inks that I used were: Stream, Slate, Meadow, and the Pearl Mixatives along with the blending solution.

I had lots of fun playing with my alcohol inks and this is what I came up with for the
Hero Arts Flickr Group challenge (November2010A). I am submitting this card to Two Peas for Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking Challenge (Week 5, project 1). The die that I used is called “Asian” which comes from the "Lacy Labels" Cricut cartridge. Stamps used are Hero Arts: Magic of Christmas CL462.
Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a great day and God bless.

10 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Another outstanding card, Sue! Beautiful colors with the alchohol inks! AND huge congrats on your FAB 5 win! I'm so happy for your well-deserved recognition! Enjoy your goodies!

Anne said...

This is just adorable Sue- great way to get out those alcohol inks and play with them. Love the shape of the tag too and the colors are wonderful!

Barb said...

Wonderful results for your first time using these inks, Sue! Gorgeous colors in the background! Such a pretty card! So happy you won today on the Hero blog! Big congrats to you, my friend!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Gorgeous background, love the die-cut you've used too, such a pretty shape!

Nancy said...

Wow, Sue you are on a creative roll! Another gorgeous card!

Nat said...

beautiful!!!!!!! & huge congrats to you on your fab five win!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

For a first time using A.I. you blended very very well Sue, did you use Watercolour paper or the Glossy card? Love the combination of colours you chose.
Smiles:)

Michelle said...

You blended beautifully! I'm having a hard time getting it just right.

Kathy (krolski) said...

Gorgeous card Sue! The inking is beautiful!

Monika Reeck said...

wonderful colors Sue and the inking is lovely....nice shape too...see you maybe on my Blog..hugs, Monika