Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thinking Inking cards and HA Flickr Group Challenge

Hello Everyone,

I didn't have much time in the beginning of this week to make any cards for the challenges that are my favorite. So, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week was the first time since Saturday of last week that I was able to make a few cards.

I made this card for the Holiday Thinking Inking card (week 6, project 2) over at Two Peas and also entered in the Hero Arts Flickr group challenge. For instructions on how to make this card, go here. The stamps that were used are: Holiday Sayings CL343, Magical Background CG211, and Swirl Christmas CL469. I Used the Snowflakes 37-1140 cuttlebug embossing folder for the acetate background.

This is my other card that I have entered at Two Peas for the Thinking Inking class (week 6, project 3). For directions, please go here. The stamps that I used were: Magic of Christmas CL462, Holiday Sayings CL343, and Flourish Background CG119.


I found directions here to make this gift card holder and thought that the original card was cute. The original directions call for pattern paper and no stamping is involved. But, I started out with white paper and embossed the swirl image with white embossing powder and distressed the background with chipped sapphire distress ink. After I stamped my image, I followed the directions the way they were written. The stamp that I used was: Magical Background CG211.

Beanie Gift Card holder -- closed
Beanie Gift Card Holder--open

This last card was inspired by Kristina Werner. Her card may be seen here. I used her design, but used different paper and used stamps instead of premade embellishments. The stamps that I used: Decorate Your Own CL366.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a great day and God bless.




4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous cards, Sue! Each one of them has lovely elements and designs! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Fantastic works of art! The beanie gift card holder is great! My favorite is the clear Merry Christmas card! I love it!

Barb said...

Hi Sue. You sure have been busy. Love all of these cards! The acetate on is my favorite, I think. Beautifully done!

Pam said...

I'm glad I didn't buy you that background stamp! I know it was on your wish list... but it looks like you bought it already! Nice gift card holder, by the way! :)