Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sympathy Card for My Friend

Hello Everyone,

This is a sympathy card that I made for my friend who lost her Dad a few weeks ago. I am also submitting this card in the Hero Arts November2010A Flickr group challenge.
This inking technique, which I used on this card, was the same technique that Jennifer McGuire used in week 3 project 2 in her Thinking Inking Class over at Two Peas. I stamped the Friendship Definition stamp with van dyke brown ink onto white cardstock. Then I stamped the Festive borders and woodland grasses stamp in clear ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I used Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass embossing ink to color over the stamped images. After the inking was completed, I assembled the card and added the finishing touches.

Hero Arts Stamps were used for this card. These are the stamps: Friend Definition CG125, Festive Borders AR133, and Woodland Grasses F3182.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a great day and God bless.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Perfect sympathy card, Sue. It turned out so lovely! I know your friend will appreciate the love and care that went into creating this pretty card!

Anne said...

Sue this is really a beautiful and soft sympathy card- just perfect in every way! Hope your feind is doing well and sorry it is for such a sad occassion.

Hugs, Anne

Michelle said...

Beautiful card Sue!! Very soft and love the mix of stamps! My sympathy to your friend.