Saturday, July 30, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays CFC #13

This weeks challenge was fun and I enjoyed working on this card. This is my fourth challenge for CAS-ual Fridays and I look forward every week to see what the next new challenge will be. This week, the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to make a 4 x 9 inch card and to keep it clean and simple. I love the color red and I thought that the black ink on the white paper would be peerfect to work with. Here is my take on this weeks challenge



Materials:

Hero Arts Stamps: Delicate Blossoms CL449

Small Greetings LL662


Markers used:

Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens:

Deep Scarlet Red #219

Pale Geranium Lake #121

Light Green #171

Permanent Green Olive #167.


I Stamped the image and greeting with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the popies with the Faber-Castell markers.

12 comments:

Pam said...

NICE!! It's very elegant AND CAS! :)

Virginia L. said...

LOVE your take on this challenge, Sue! I love the poppies in this and the colors are stunning!! So glad that you played with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lin said...

Pretty, Sue, a great take on the challenge!

Anne said...

What a beautiful card Sue- love the poppies and the die cut shape here!

Barb said...

I love that long die cut, Sue! Beautiful poppies too!

Brenda said...

I love your take on this challenge Sue! I also like the red trimmed die behind the actual die cut! Beautifully colored too! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today, I really appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card!

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty card with one of my all time favorite Hero Arts stamps! I think I will have to get it out again soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Michele Gross said...

I'm so glad you are having fun with us! It makes me happy :) Your card is gorgeous-love the colors and use of space. Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kathy (krolski) said...

Such a pretty card Sue! Love your take on the tall card challenge!

Laurie said...

Oh so pretty! I love that focal point! Those flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura