Sunday, July 31, 2011

Frosty the Snowman

This will be my last posting of cards for a few weeks. My hubby and I are leaving for our yearly vacation on August 1st. We will be going to 5 different places; Philadelphia,PA to see the liberty bell and othe places in the area, New York City, Niagra Falls (on the Canadian side), Lake Ontario, and then on to Mt. Vernon, Ohio to spend a few days with our daughters and their families. I am most excited for our visit to NY City. I grew up on the East Coast and never visited New York City. We are looking forward to all the sites and adventures that this vacation will bring. Now, on to my card.

The stamps used are Penny Black "Warm and Cold" 3260H and the word "to" comes from the Air Mail stamp set 30-072. I stamped the snowman on white cardstock with memento tuxedo black ink. Then I stamped with clear ink and embossed with black embossing powder onto cardstock vellum. I colored the scarf and hat with two shades of blue and then attached the vellum to the snowman to give the appearance that he is in a globe. I went over the snowman and the snow with stickles "Icicle". (The stickles are hard to see on camera, but in real life the snowman has lots of shine.) For the globe base, I found a tag that had a globe and I resized the tag to fit the snowman in the circle. This was fun to make and I am pleased with the results. I have been making a lot of CAS cards lately and I am starting to like this easy way to make cards.
This is all for now. Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate the comments. Have a safe and wonderful week.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Have a wonderful time on your vacation Sue! We are going to New York in September for about 4 days and I am so excited. Love your snowman card Sue! Hugs, Brenda

Barb said...

What an adorable, wintery card, Sue! Just love that sweet snowman! Your trip sounds wonderful. Have a fun and relaxing time and make sure to take photos to share. Hugs to you! :)

Lin said...

Love his glittery goodness - so cute, Sue! Safe travels on your vacation - you have quite the line-up planned! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

Anne said...

This card is so sweet Sue- love the snow globe you created and all of the sparkle! Your trip sounds fabulous- have a great time end enjoy :)

Melinda Gleissner said...

Thanks Sue for describing how you made this. Great idea to stamp your snowman twice. It looks very dimensional. Also love how you stamped 'to:' on your snowglobe base. Safe travels!