Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Accordion Book

I am running out of ideas for the Hero Arts Callenge for the month of July. I only have two stamp sets that are related to food and one stamp set related to traveling. I am submitting this Accordion Book for the challenge and will also give this to my friend for Christmas. The bookmaking part of the challenge is coming in handy for me; I can make a few books and then give them away as gifts. My friend loves birds, so I decided to put birds on the cover and on two of the pages.

The Hero Arts stamps that I used are as follows:
Garden Bouquet CG172
Cuckoo CL388
Scallop Borders CL288
Two Birds (3 Images) CG152
Peacock AR178 (The AR refers to stamps that Hero Arts makes for Archiver's.)
Earth Flowers CL428
Water Color Petals CL431
Antique Engraving CL383


Cover

Pages 1 and 2
Pages 3 and 4

My friend will beable to put one or two small pictures on the pages where the sentiments are on. The sentiments come from a piece of pattern paper that have a lot of different definitions. I simply cut out the word that I wanted and then destressed it a little and added a destressed mat.

1 comment:

Virginia L. said...

You use all the stamps SO beautifully, Sue! I admire you for pulling all this together with these lovely details and subtle colors!! What a keepasake!!