Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Flag Book

Front Cover


A side view


side view
looking from the right


Page 1

page 2 & 3


page 4 & 5


page 6



Stamps used are Hero Arts

Artists Butterfly H5426
Clear Design Four Bold Messages CL226
Clear Designs Antique Engraving 4 x 6 CL427
Clear Designs Antique Engraving CL383
Clear Designs Birds and Branches CL219
Clear Designs Earth Flowers 4 x6 CL428
Clear Designs Essential Messages CL371
Clear Designs Flower Blossoms CL223
Clear Designs Thank You Flourishes CL286
Clear Designs Truly Appreciated 6x4 CL380
Design Block Tree S5037
Dot Flourish Border K5232
Flowers Say Hello C2553
Friends C3002
Inspiring Messages LL240
Life with Sunshine D3055
Old Letter Writing S4878
Raindrop Background S5101
Silhouette Grass S5316
Wishes Come True D4144

This book is called a Flag Book. My inspiration came from a magazine called “Craft Stamper, June 2010 issue which is published in the UK. I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and picked up this card magazine and started looking through it. I came across the Flag book by Willy Anderson (pages 16-18) and decided that I liked her book idea. I read how she put it together and decided that I could do the same thing, but with different stamps. I told myself that this would be a good bookmaking technique for the Hero Arts Challenge that is currently going on this month. (All the stamps that I used are listed above.) There are 9 tags inside the book and I stamped and distressed each tag on the front and on the back I sent a sentiment and distressed over the sentiment. The technique that I used for the cover was inspired by Jill Foster.

I have a friend that is moving out of state and I wanted to make something special for her. This flag book is the perfect gift for her.


Thank you for stopping by--I appreciate the comments.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW! Sue this is gorgeous. It is so creative. I love the way it is constructed and what amazing amount of work! Beautiful!

Barb said...

A "wow" from me too, Sue! I appreciate all the hard work that went into making this. It's fabulous! All the flags are so beautifully created! Just love the whole thing!

lynda said...

AMAZING!!! This is just beautiful, Sue. Lots of hours, for sure, but it sure paid off with a gorgeous project. Your friend is sure to love this!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Very cool take on the Craft Stamper project (love reading that mag too!). Especially love the beautiful cover with all the blended colors and gorgeous butterfly!

Nat said...

WOW!!! This is awesome! Such a beautiful book Sue. Just amazing!! love these stamps you used too!