Friday, July 23, 2010

Vanilla Cupcakes

I placed this double pocket recipe card on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base so that I could use it as a birthday invitation. The inside will have the following information: Who the party is for, the date, time, and the place. The recipe in the pockets will tell the individual that cupcakes will be served instead of cake. Each person that receives an invitation will also have a recipe to try.

This card was simple to construct once I figured out what I wanted to do. This was actually a struggle for me to achieve something that I liked. It took me three tries (3 evenings) to come up with something that satisfied me. I did not like the colors of the first two pockets that I made and because of that, they ended up in my scrap bin. Sometimes, I have to construct and take apart a project at least 2 or 3 times before I get my final project finished. That is probably why I only manage to make 3 or 4 cards a week. This is my finished card and I am happpy with the way it turned out.
Stamps used: Hero Arts
Clear Design Cupcakes CL158

The instructions to make this card came from here.

Thanks for stopping by and comments are always welcomed.

I have included the recipe.

Vanilla cupcakes
2 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
4 egg whites from large eggs
½ cup shortening
1 cup 2% milk
2 large eggs
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Mix at low speed for 2 minutes. Scrap bowl. Add egg whites and mix at high speed until fluffy and smooth, approximately 2 minutes.
Fill liners ½ to 2/3 full of batter. Do not overfill. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pans then remove from pan, and place on wire racks to cool completely

2 comments:

Virginia L. said...

This is SO FABULOUS, Sue! What a labor of LOVE. This pocket card with the recipe is such a keepsake! Love your attention to all the details! The cupcakes look AWESOME!

stampingandstitching said...

Wonderful design Sue. I love the double pocket idea and the way the recipe has been split into the ingredients and directions - the cupcakes sound yummy too! Your sparkly cupcakes look fantastic!